The maintenance light on the 2014 Toyota Camry is nothing more than a reminder to change oil at regular intervals. If your mechanic forgot to reset it, or you’ve decided to do the job yourself, the maintenance light will continue blinking until you reset it. I’ll take you through the steps to do it easily and without any tools.
Resetting the Maintenance Light
- Turn the ignition to the On position.
- Set the odometer to trip A by pressing the trip control button in the bottom right corner of the instrument panel.
- Turn the ignition off.
- Press and hold the trip control button.
- Turn the ignition to the On position without releasing the trip control button.
- Wait until the trip meter resets to zeroes.
Significance of Oil Change
Changing the oil, oil filter, and air filter is the most important factor in maintaining any vehicle. Fresh oil is necessary for healthy engine operation as it reduces the heat caused by internal combustion and friction, and keeps components from corroding. There are as many theories on when to change the oil as there are drivers – my advice is, change oil and filters every 6,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first.
As the maintenance light is only a reminder, resetting it without changing oil won’t cause any side effects. However, you should always respect the service cycle, and maintenance light is a great way of remembering when it’s time to do it.